On 4 December, the Ministry of Transport announced the decision to run the Cross Island Line under the Central Catchment Nature Reserve (CCNR). This was met with concerns about the impact to the habitats and species within the CCNR. The engagement between LTA and green groups continues, in a process that has spanned 6 years to date. What’s next, and how can we reduce ecological impacts to MacRitchie Forest?
Join us at Singapore Sustainability Academy to hear directly from green groups. The CRL response team will be there to share its next steps, and primatologist Andie Ang and Nature Society (Singapore) President, Shawn Lum, will also be around to take any questions.
Date: 15 January 2020
Time: 7pm – 9pm
Venue: Singapore Sustainability Academy, 180 Kitchener Rd, #06-10, Singapore 208539
Registration: Please sign up here
Admission is free, and contributions to the society are always welcome. Please share this event with your friends and family.
For background reading:
– Summary of CRL Phase II EIA
– Nature Groups’ response to the CRL Phase II EIA (before MOT’s announcement on 4 Dec)
– Cross Island Line to take direct route under Central Catchment Nature Reserve
How to get there:
By MRT: Farrer Park MRT station (Northeast Line)
- Kitchener Road (Before Tai Hoe Hotel, 07231)
Service No. 21, 125, 130
- Serangoon Road (Outside Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple, 07211)
Service No. 21, 23, 64, 65, 66, 67, 125, 130, 139, 141, 147, 857, NR6