Eco lifestyle event Green Living is back for its fourth year, and covers a range of topics including Sustainable Home, Eco Parents, Health & Wellness, Transportation & Mobility and Smart Technology. More details below!
Green Living, an annual eco lifestyle event positioned to meet the needs of eco-conscious consumers and businesses alike, returns for its second year from 9 to 11 September 2016 at the Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre. It is the first sustainable lifestyle event that aims to build a bridge between consumers and companies advocating green products.
This year’s exhibition is inspired by the themes from the book Cities of Love authored by Mr. Tai Lee Siang and Ms. Valerie Ang, which will be launched at Green Living 2016. The book focuses on 12 core ingredients that can make the city a better and sustainable place to live in; such as Family Oriented City, Edible City, Smart Device City, Garden City and more. These ingredients will be represented by the different zones of Green Living and visitors will be able to explore and experience them personally.
“The future of our human existence lies in our cities, by 2050 it is expected that two-thirds of the world’s population will live in them. So how can we shape the future for a better and brighter tomorrow?” said Mr. Tai Lee Siang, President of Design & Business Chamber Singapore. “Green Living and loving our cities is something that everyone can achieve.”
“As a thoughtfully curated and dedicated eco lifestyle event, Green Living 2016 encourages and reminds everyone to be responsible for our environment,” said Ms. Karen Leong, Project Director of Reed Exhibitions, organiser of Green Living 2016. “With a bigger event this year, the myriad of exhibitors and activities lined up will help visitors to better integrate green habits into their daily lives.”
Housing over a 100 brands of eco-friendly products covering Sustainable Home, Eco Parents, Health & Wellness, Transportation & Mobility and Smart Technology, Green Living seeks to encourage visitors to adopt a greener approach to their lifestyle.
Smart & Sustainable Home Showcase
Green Living will showcase two showrooms for sustainable home and smart technology with partners such as IKEA, Bosch and Lutron, offering an insight on the ease of creating eco-friendly and sustainable spaces for the whole family. This will also be IKEA’s first sustainable home exhibit out of the IKEA store in Singapore. A tour within the showroom will be conducted to educate both family and kids on easy and simple solutions as well as tips on how to live a more sustainable life at home.
Interactive Workshops & Seminar Corner
Over 40 workshops and seminars will be available for the public throughout the 3 days. Catering to various interest groups, the workshop and seminar schedule features a variety of interesting topics including:
• Terrarium Making by Ecoponics, suitable for both adults and children • Chemical Free Skincare by Precious Oilers for making natural home-made products like deodorants with therapeutic grade essential oils.
• Green Beauty. Where to Start? by Ayelli, teaching how to read beauty labels and what organic certifications to look out for • SuperEating for the Whole Family by Balanced Living, an interactive cooking demonstration that explains which nutrients are vital for your family’s needs
• Organic Gardening at Home by Biomax on the dos and don’ts of organic gardening and how to convert a normal garden into an organic one
• Low Carbon Tips by Singapore Environment Council (SEC), showing how to monitor household energy consumption and carbon emission
• “Energize” Yoga conducted by Tara Stiles, founder of renowned global yoga brand Strala
The majority of the workshops and seminars are available free of charge for the public. For more information, visit www.green-living.com.sg