Solar Energy Storage (SES) Hackathon is a project created by two co-founders: Kok Chin TAY at Global Sense and Robin LOW at Civil Innovation Lab. Both aim to support sustainable innovative solutions by youth groups of Singapore, and have a long term vision to expand this project overseas.
Ahead of the hackathon, the pair are organising two workshop sessions to give participants relevant details about solar panels, carbon footprint assessments and social entrepreneurship. These workshops will complement and prepare the participants for the hackathon.
The SES Hackathon will take place at Singapore in the Science Centre from 14th of June to 17th of June 2016. Registration is now open for both workshops and the hackathon.
**In addition, the pair are crowdfunding for these events, so if you would like to contribute, please see here**
1) Pre Hackathon Workshop
– Solar energy and solar panels fundamentals
– Carbon Footprint Assement
– Social Entrepreneurship
Date and Venue (just choose one):
- Sat 28-May 10am to 1pm – Salvation Army, 356 Tanglin Road, Block B, Level 2.
- Sat 4-June. 3-6pm – KRTC Education Centre (Tampines), Telepark, 5 Tampines Central 6, #01-06.
2) SES Hackathon
Date: 15-17 June 2016 (from 10am till 5pm)
Venue: Singapore Science Center
– Teams of 3 to 5 students building a solution for energy storage
– Winner team will get 3 Ricoh cameras
(Winning team could apply for the National Youth Council grant to go to Nepal to implement the solution)
– All teams can bring home what they build
– Teams can also bring some material from home that they believe can help at their project
– Registration fee: 15SGD (cash upon registration).
The team should write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship