Green Is The New Black: The Conscious Festival happens this Saturday, and highlights eco and ethical consumer choices, more details below on the event and where to buy tickets.
The WEDGE Asia, in partnership with The Working Capitol, announces the inaugural Green Is The New Black: The Conscious Festival. Held on Saturday, 28 of November 2015 from 11AM – 8PM at The Working Capitol, the festival will include six different components aimed at empowering and inspiring individuals to make conscious decisions for positive change.
As the first festival of its kind in Singapore, we aim to enable individuals to be more aware when making decisions, the impact this has on the community around them and encourage them to want to do things better and support social movements they believe in.
THE FESTIVAL’S SIX COMPONENTS:
1. the TALK – A panel with some of Singapore’s leading influencers and experts in fashion, discussing the trends and feasibility of sustainable fashion – can it really become the new black?
Panel members include: Daniel Boey – The 15th District, Norman Tan – Buro247, Stéphanie Crespin – Style Tribute, Wuen Lin Tan – Touch The Toes and the panel is moderated by Tracy Phillips – Present Purpose.
2. the MARKETPLACE – An exhibition of local fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands who are conscious and mindful in their business outlook. These brands are pushing the boundaries of their field by championing better choices by way of more ethical and sustainable methods.
3. the GRUB – Creatory, conceptualised by The Ate Group, will curate a diverse and exciting group of food vendors that will exemplify healthy options that do not sacrifice on taste.
4. the WORKSHOP – Engaging experiences with lifestyle gurus to encourage critical thinking of lifestyle decisions, including an organic beauty workshop by Frank Skincare, a happiness workshop by This Happy, a guide on living toxin-free by GTL World, Mastering the formula of good habits by Emerge Performance, Infusing sustainability in everyday life and work by The Change School and a floral arrangement class by Charlotte Puxley Flowers.
5. the STAGE – A selection of local bands and entertainment groups to promote a lively atmosphere and to amplify the reach of local talent including Anand, JNR, Vandetta and Marvin
6. the GIVING – As part of Giving Week in Singapore, organised by National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre (NVPC), the festival will be raising money for charity throughout the event till the first week of December. Vendors will donate a percentage of their revenue for the day and attendees are encouraged to donate $1 upon entry.
The TALK and the WORKSHOP will require pre-booking and tickets will be available at http://GITNB.peatix.com/ and http://GITNBworkshop.peatix.com/. For all updates guests can stay tuned to the event page – http://tinyurl.com/GITNB-SG and the official website – www.greenisthenewblack.asia. We look forward to seeing you at the event.