Green Drinks has just launched Organic October, a month of celebrating healthy living and encouraging Singapore residents to reduce their toxic load by choosing organic products for personal wellbeing and health of the planet.
Organic October runs alongside Breast Cancer Awareness month to further highlight the dangers of toxins in the environment, and retailers of organic beauty and lifestyle products and services have prepared promotions for the month-long campaign.
In addition, we have launched a bold microcampaign titled “Make the Switch” to encourage a change in consumer behaviour. Through our shareable photo campaign, some individuals will be outing some well known brands and products for its not so natural ingredients, and sharing how they have made the switch to safer products. For the duration of October, Singaporeans can Make The Switch by swapping their non-natural/organic product for a discount on an equivalent product at participating outlets.
So far, here is a list of retailers which have signed on to Organic October and/or Make The Switch.
Retailer specials for Organic October
- Adonica Kube – 15% off skin care, body care and hair styling range.
- Aroma Bar – 15% off purchases of $80 and above, soap bars to be available at $6
- Balm Kitchen – Free shipping for the month.
- BI Channels– 20% discount on purchases
- Bud Cosmetics – 20% off all organic cosmetics, baby products and pet products.
- Charis Naturals – 10% discount for all regular-priced items, and some special bundles with up to 25% discount
- Etrican – 20% off storewide.
- Four Cow Farm – 10% off selected baby products.
- Le Bono Collection – 20% off storewide (promotion code: OrganicOct20%).
- Katharos Organics – up to 20% off selected items.
- MADANA – Visit the website for October promotions.
- Mekhala Living – 20% off Personal Care Pairs at the online store (promotion code: MEKHPAIR20%), and food promotions are available at their PasarBella store.
- Plume And Preen – Facebook giveaway, and free samples with online and market purchases.
- Pura Vida – 15% off organic skincare, mum & baby care; excludes sale items (promotion code: OrganicOct)
- Pure Tincture – 25% off their award winning facials for first timers.
- The Naturally Better Company – storewide discount up to 25%.
Retailer specials for Make the Switch
- Balm Kitchen – $1 off with purchase of lip balms and body balms when you swap your conventional lip balm and body moisturiser. Balm Kitchen’s next market will take place on 4 October, see here.
- Bud Cosmetics – Bring in a product with “toxic” ingredients which you are currently using & get 25% off a safer alternative by 31 Oct*+
- MADANA – 15% off yoga mats when exchanged with used mats. Mats that are in good condition will be donated to organisations that conduct yoga classes for the underprivileged in Singapore.
- Pure Tincture – One time 15% off all products when members of the public bring in conventional skincare products to swap
- Nothing But Green – 15% discount on any body/skin care products at their restaurant and 10% off storewide (for rest of items including food) when you say “I’m making the switch” when making payment.
- The Naturally Better Company – Bring in a product with “toxic” ingredients which you are currently using & get 15% off a safer alternative*+
We also recommend the following activities:
- Kranji Countryside Farmers’ Market – Details available here.
- Soulscape – Singapore’s first yoga festival, more details on their website.
- Little Green Dot Simplify Skin Workshop – For more details and to sign up, see here.
- Edible Gardens gardening workshops/events – Look out for their weekly events here.
Happy Organic October!
Please help us spread the word!