World Water Day is an occasion that highlights the importance of water. Each year, it takes place on 22 March, and to celebrate this, PUB has organised islandwide activities for this Saturday, 15 March.
So how can you get involved? There are plenty of activities to participate in, whether it includes conserving water with simple acts, cleaning waterways, or just enjoying nature spaces with a water body. Other than these activities at the 5 main sites of Marina Barrage, Jurong Lake, Punggol Waterway, Yishun Pond, and Geylang River, there are other activities you can take part in – see here and here for a list.
Here are some of our picks for this Saturday!:
- Make-your-own Windmill and mini-raingarden at Marina Barrage, mini raingarden workshop at Yishun Pond, Geylang River
- Introduction to sailing at Marina Barrage
- Eco games at Jurong Lake (we will be setting up a game booth!)
- Zumba by the lake at Jurong Lake
- Outward Bound Singapore’s Jerry Can Challenge at Punggol Waterway (pre-registration required)
- Musical performances (ukulele, drumming) at Geylang River
- Bird watching walks by Nature Society (Singapore) at Lor Halus (they have one at Kranji Marshlands on 16 March)
- MacRitchie Reservoir Nature Trail by Cicada Tree Eco-Place. Register here!
You can also hold you own event if you wish! PUB has created some wonderful visuals that you can share online or use for your own publicity efforts, see here.
We hope you can join in the celebrations!