Green job: Asia Finance and Administration Manager at Birdlife International
Please see below for an open position at Birdlife International for an Asia Finance and Administration Manager.
Office Location: Asia Regional Office in Singapore
BirdLife International is a partnership of national conservation organisations present in 120 countries and territories. Together we are the world leader in bird conservation. BirdLife’s unique local-to-global approach enables us to deliver high impact and long term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for someone who can co-ordinate and manage the overall finance and administration of the BirdLife regional operations in Asia.
In doing so, the job holder will:
Oversee the finance and administrative functions within the Singapore Office, and across the Asia Division including offices in Tokyo, Hanoi and Phnom Penh.
Provide and maintain the appropriate level of financial information for effective operational management of the Asia Division.
Arrange the recording and processing of financial transactions and ensure compliance with relevant Company, Charity and Tax Legislation. And safeguard and optimise usage of money through financial planning, budgets and cash management.
Ensure effective administrative processes are in place and management information is maintained and reported, in order to meet legal, business and organisational requirements.
For more details of the job description, please refer to BirdLife International website www.birdlife.org.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- College Graduate
- Qualified/part qualified Accountant (ACCA, CPA or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Singapore company, taxation and charities legislation
- Proven track record and experience in field finance/accounting, and working as an administrative assistant and/or office manager
- Good administrative and organisational skills, including prioritisation and self-management. Staff supervisory experience is an advantage.
- Very good written and spoken English, and an ability to translate and produce high-quality written reports in English.
- Creativity and initiative for finding variety of approaches to solve problems.
- Good computer literacy including word processing, e-mail, databases and spread sheets.
- English is essential. Knowledge of Asian languages is an advantage
- Ability to travel (may be required to travel up to 6 weeks per year)
- Friendly, outgoing and works well with others
- Experience with non-profit sector.
Salary is in the range of S$ 54000 to $S 72000 per annum, inclusive of benefits.
To apply please e-mail your CV and an explanatory cover letter to email@example.com, marking your application with “Asia Finance and Administration Manager” no later than May 31, 2012. Interviews are scheduled between May 31 and June 30 2012.
BirdLife International www.birdlife.org
BirdLife International (Asia) Limited, Singapore