Conservation International is looking for a Director of Corporate Relations, details below.
Conservation International (CI) works to engage the private sector as a positive force for ensuring natural diversity of life, healthy ecosystems and sustainable growth. We envision that industry leaders will become champions of nature conservation by reducing the ecological impact of their operations, harnessing the power of their supply chains to drive widespread adoption of good practices, dedicating financial resources to on-the-ground conservation initiatives, and communicating about results to consumers, shareholders and employees.
- As a core staff position within the CI Singapore Office, the Director of Corporate Relations will engage directly with industry leaders to promote Conservation International and its programs in the region. The Director will cultivate and manage partnerships within Singapore and the greater Asia-Pacific region across various sectors.
- The Director will maintain and enhance relationships with the Asia-Pacific Business & Sustainability Council, a network of multinational and regional corporations established by CI, recruit new corporate members into the Council, and organize its meetings, create the programmatic agenda in conjunction with partners, and staff Council events.
- The Director will recruit corporations to a newly funded initiative in Indonesia that seeks to demonstrate the value of public-private partnerships in sustainable land practices with a focus on low-carbon business development.
- The Director will also lead efforts in raising revenue from current and new corporate partners for a symposium scheduled to be held in September 2012 in Singapore.
- The Director will help CI meet its corporate contribution goals and establish mutually beneficial, long-term relationships with leading businesses and trade associations. The director will coordinate negotiations of corporate partner agreements in program areas including climate leadership and forest carbon, field conservation projects, business tools for conservation, joint communications initiatives, involvement in leadership forums and sponsorship opportunities.
- The Director will manage multi-faceted relationships with large scale companies and interact with senior executives at those companies to establish partnerships at the 6-7 figure level.
- The Director will draw upon, synthesize and manage participation from all parts of CI to integrate input from its various divisions as well as CI’s executive leadership and legal and finance departments, from concept development, proposal writing, deal negotiation, reporting, evaluation and communications, in initiating and sustaining corporate relationships.
- The Director will provide other support to the Singapore office, the Asia-Pacific region and Conservation International as determined by the Managing Director, Singapore Office.
- Based in Singapore with frequent travel to regional corporate headquarters, CI field offices and other partners in the region as necessary
- Lead the establishment and stewardship of 6-7 figure, multi-year partnerships with leading companies – in Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region – and other contributors (e.g., industry trade associations and private foundations) dealing with business engagement on the environment. Identify and cultivate relationships with new prospective corporate partners for CI. Recruit new businesses into the Business Sustainability Council, and plan, organize and execute programs that develop from these relationships.
- Contribute to, and manage delivery of, subject-matter expertise on implementation of joint projects with industry partners, e.g., providing information to corporate partners on decision-support tools for conservation,
- and lessons from other corporate engagements dealing with environmental strategies, best practices, financial contributions, and communications.
- Support development objectives of the Singapore office and the Asia-Pacific region in coordination with the Managing Director, CI Singapore and CI Headquarters as relevant.
- Actively manage, participate in, and, in some cases, lead CI events with corporate and other partners to promote CI activities and mission in the region.
- 5+ years experience in corporate partnership development and management
- Presence and ability to establish strong relationships with senior executives in partner companies
- Ability to leverage corporate relationships and fundraising in support of CI institutional objectives for communications, marketing and branding
- Ability to create innovative strategies, partnerships, and programs without existing models
- Demonstrated fundraising experience at 6-7 figure level
- Good working knowledge of public policy and private sector developments on the environment at the international, national, state and local levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative spirit and ability to work in team settings across cultures and internally within a diverse institution
- Ability to deliver results while managing competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to interact effectively with corporate partners and with other non-governmental organizations
- Passion for the conservation of nature and the involvement of businesses in the solution to the world’s most pressing environmental challenges
- Competency in Chinese or other regional language a plus
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree also a plus, as is management experience
Interested candidates, please apply online:
Closing: 5 February 2012