Veggie Thursday, a movement that encourages the public to go meatless every Thursday for reasons of health, the environment, and/or compassion towards animals, has organised a walk and carnival for 25 September, which falls on a Sunday.Please see below for full details and registration information.
This is Veggie Thursday‘s (VT) first event open to the public. Veggie Tips readers were the first to find out and now you are welcome to join in the fun!
After VT’s successful official launch in mid June of this year, Veggie Thursday is once again gathering its endorsing organizations to promote and celebrate eating less meat for at least one day a week through the ‘Happy Feet’ Walk cum Carnival.
Expect a fun-filled morning of games, feet pampering activities (such as foot reflexology) and of course, delicious vegetarian food. To cut down on waste, we urge participants to bring their own reusable plates, bowls and utensils. There will also be frisbees for sale available for those who want to try using these also as plates! Two fun things in one, eating and playing –banana leaf included ;)
All participants are encouraged to either go barefoot or wear slippers!
The EXCITING ACTIVITIES LINED-UP include:
- Frisbee Golf by Ultimate Singapore
- Animal Face Mask & Storytelling by ACRES
- Standing yoga by Bala
- Foot Reflexology by SAVH
- Rope Sculpture & Ulam Bagus workshop by NParks
- Treasure Hunt Walk by Singapore Environment Council
- Hands-on composting by Eco Walk the Talk
- Wildlife mobile craft by Cicada Eco Tree-Place
- Face Painting by Pauline
Expect DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN FARE such as:
- environmentally-conscious and socially-responsible vegetarian fare from GREENDOT
- Indian vegetarian dishes prepared largely by volunteer staff selflessly and lovingly from ANNALAKSHMI
- the first dairy-free, all-natural, low-fat organic ice cream made from brown rice from BROWNICE, and
- homemade healing green smoothies from LIN’S SMOODEES
More activities and food vendors will be announced closer to the event.
Register with us early to get discount coupons! REGISTRATION IS FREE. Go to http://www.veggiethursday.sg/happyfeet/ and click “ATTEND” and provide the necessary information.
Organised in conjunction with Parks Festival 2011. To find out more about the activities during Parks Festival 2011, do visit www.nparks.gov.sg/parkfest.