WWF is one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organisations, with a network of over 90 offices in over 40 countries across the world.
WWF International is now looking for a Campaign Director who will lead/support the development and execution of WWF’s global conservation campaigns, in conjunction with relevant WWF programmes and offices, in particular WWF’s global initiatives.
The position is based at WWF International in Gland, Switzerland.
Required Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead and guide the design and development of WWF’s global conservation campaign strategies, including work plans and budgets.
• Establish and manage a system for identifying and approving WWF’s global conservation campaigns, and develop a WWF network forward planning calendar for agreed campaigns.
• Establish and use best practices, methodologies and procedures to aid WWF’s campaigning effectiveness and ensure the organization is able to successfully design and deliver global conservation campaigns.
• Build and manage a WWF campaign advisory group, committed to improving and guiding global conservation campaigns.
• Identify and create learning and training opportunities for WWF staff to build and enhance campaigning skills and expertise.
• Develop effective working relationships within and outside the WWF network, with a focus on partners and alliances that can amplify WWF’s campaigns and activate target audiences.
• Regularly report on progress of the global conservation campaigns, and lead the charge for overcoming obstacles to ensure goals and objectives are met.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
• University level;
• At least five years proven experience devising, formulating and implementing campaign strategies within a national, international or high-profile organization;
• Proven experience as a successful campaign leader, preferably but not necessarily in the not-for-profit sector;
• Long-term planning and analytical skills, as well as demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively to tight deadlines without compromising quality;
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate complex issues in a clear manner to a wide variety of audiences across diverse channels (online, TV, print, radio, etc.);
• Experience in policy-led campaigns, targeting government officials.
• Proven track record in successful international campaigns undertaken in a multi-cultural setting, coupled with the ability to deliver high profile media and campaign activities and products;
• Expertise in campaigning techniques, policies, strategies, target audience analysis, structure and impact;
• Experience in multi-disciplinary teams and in building consensus, optimism and confidence in the face of challenges and pressure;
• Familiarity with a wide range of media communication and campaign tools;
• Strong interpersonal and partnership development skills, and the ability to develop relationships with a wide range of audiences;
• Excellent presentation and motivation skills;
• Fluent English is essential; other languages would be an asset;
Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Engaging, Optimistic, Determined, Knowledgeable.
How to apply?
Full job description can be found on http://www.panda.org
Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 28 August 2011