Conservation International is looking for a Senior Operations Director for the Asia Pacific region. Details below.
CI is seeking for a Senior Operations Director for the Asia Pacific Field Division
This position has responsibility for the financial, human resources and administrative functioning of the division.
The incumbent will set standards related to operational and financial management, ensuring that human and financial resources are aligned and maximized for the greatest conservation impact. Working with the operations staff in each country s/he ensures that CI’s policies and local laws and regulations in the areas of finance, HR and administration are understood and followed. The Senior Director will assess the operations performance of following programs: China, the Philppines, Greater Mekong, the Pacific Islands, Indonesia and Australia; identify gaps and work with country directors and operations directors to address and remedy areas of concern.
There is a focus on the financial, accounting, donor and grant management functions to make certain these functions are performed in a way to achieve maximum effectiveness, efficiency and compliance and to adequately manage the risk associated with these areas. S/he is also responsible for liaising with IT to ensure that country programs have the appropriate infrastructure and connectivity and are able to access and use CI’s technology assets. The position reports directly to the Senior Vice President for the Field Division.
- A degree in business administration or equivalent; plus 8 to 10 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. A MBA, CPA or equivalent will be desirable
- An experienced leader with international non for profit experience.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with excellent facilitation skills to involve strategic contributors in key processes leading them to reach agreements.
- Ability to challenge the status quo or individual actions that may violate CI policy or create risk for CI.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is “politically savvy” and a team player.
- An articulate individual with ability to establish relationships and that can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- An excellent negotiator who has worked in dynamic and changing environments.
- An expert to identify trends and tendencies using analytical and synthesizing skills.
- A thinker to plan, prioritize and implement with a strategic approach.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and to skillfully gather and analyze information.
- Capable of projecting credibility to gain the respect and be able to influence leaders and others over whom there is no direct supervisory authority.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- This position will be based in Singapore
- This position will have to travel approximately 25% of the time and is expected to develop a thorough understanding of the operations status of every program in their division.
Interested applicants please send their CVs and Letter of Intention to Paulina Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 6, 2011
Image taken from Conservation International