The Lien Centre for Social Innovation is hiring a Manager in the area of research. Please see details below.
The Lien Centre for Social Innovation at SMU seeks a skilled generalist, or a specialist interested in broadening their horizons, eager to work at the forefront of social innovation in SE Asia. After 5 fruitful years we are seeking to increase our regional and international engagement as well as deepen our contribution to social innovation in Singapore.
This new hire will be an integral part of a small staff team. We need a team player interested to work in a variety of areas ranging from social finance landscaping research to providing specific consulting advice with regards to the implementation of socially innovative projects.
She/he must be analytical, have research experience and ability, have strong communications skills, and be capable of producing work of the highest quality. Consulting or finance experience would be an advantage. Experience in non-profit management, social entrepreneurship, philanthropy, and/or social finance will also be regarded favorably.
- Work with relevant think-tanks, practitioners, corporates and academia to drive applied research in areas related to social innovation including but not limited to new social models, social entrepreneurship, venture philanthropy, addressing unmet social needs, serving base of pyramid markets and corporate social responsibility
- Conceptualize, design and conduct research & consulting projects which will help generate new ideas and thinking in this space
- Develop partnerships with relevant organizations to bring social innovation in the social, private and/or public sector to the next phase
- Mentor and guide less experienced researchers and team members
- Oversee commissioned research and/or the development of case studies
- Be an active contributor and resource to the other initiatives of the Centre – publications, training, annual conference, forums etc.
- Represent the Centre in the larger community and serve as a spokesperson for the program efforts of the Lien Centre
- Master’s degree or higher in the Social Sciences or Business with at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience preferred
- However candidates with a Bachelor’s degree who possess strong knowledge and relevant research experience in the social, private or public sector are welcome to apply
- Candidates should have an understanding of and commitment to addressing social issues
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Strong research skills, proactive and responsible
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines
- Familiarity with web publishing will be an advantage
- International experience will be an advantage
Closing date for submission is 10 May 2011. To submit your application, please visit this site for full information and application for the job.
Image taken from The Lien Centre for Social Innovation