Greenpeace Argentina is looking for a Global Innovation Manager to head their international initiative, the Green Incubators Project.
This project aims to gather social entrepreneurs from the world over to submit solution proposals for various issues that Greenpeace will present them with. Greenpeace will award successfully implemented proposals with a prize.
More details below.
Purpose of the job
To lead the Green Incubator project, delivering innovative projects and promoting social entrepreneurs around the world.
You will be responsible for leading the project on a day to day basis including:
- Identifying and evaluating the challenges, and match them with target audiences
- Promoting the project and its results (internally and externally)
- Supervise the social entrepreneurs
- Monitor project performance against budget and quality standards agreed with the project owner
- Skills and qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Flexible and can easily work in a changing environment
- Deploying both strategic and operative tasks since you will have no staff to line manage
- Experience in budget management
- Essential that you are fluent in written and spoken English
- Prepared to undertake frequent international travel
- Desirable that you have been involved with innovative projects before, e.g. set up your own business and posses an entrepreneurial spirit/mindset
- Proficiency and curiosity in new technologies
- Global mindset and love to meet new people and work across countries and cultures
- Friendly, drama-free person, easy going, appreciates direct communication and are able to work independently as well as in a team.
The commitment period for this job is 3 years and country of residence is irrelevant as the job requires you to work from home.
For more information, visit the Greenpeace website. Applications close on 29 April 2011.
Image taken from Jumo